donderdag 7 november 2013

Interlude: Bollywood videos

Tonight, S. and I are off to immerse ourselves a little more in the Bollywood scene, so I leave you with a few videos to share in our joy:



If you liked that, maybe you'll like this oldie too, the only romantic movie I know that manages to pull off a happy end, even though the star-crossed lovers die about a third of the movie in:



Not to mention this classic heist movie, which'll make my feet move everytime:



Ah, Hrithik Roshan, the man who is built like Brad Pitt, dances like Micheal Jackson and fights like Sylvester Stallone.

Ah, Bollywood, where such a comparison is meant as high praise.

I have always preferred Baz Luhrmann to Dogma. Even so, there was a time when I too thought Bollywood churned out ridiculous overblown dramatic and improbably complicated movies. No more. Look at the energy, the colours and the sheer joy that ignites the screen. This is what escapism is all about - this is fun and beauty and, yes, happy endings.

Quite often, I don't need reality, or even the beautiful, hard truth that great fiction uncovers. I quite like my world filled with laughter and joy. Bring it on, Bollywood!

NaBloPoMo November 2013

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen